Under budget pressure with short deadline constraint and limited availability of internal resources the choice of an IDaaS solution was clear: no installation cost, limited administration, OPEX model vs CAPEX, encourage usage of standards vs custom development.
Based on an IDaaS market analysis Graduate Institute of Geneva choose Onelogin solution because of:
- A pricing model adapted to educational world (limited cost for applicants and alumni)
- Large support of standard and custom application access management modules
We started the implementation project by focusing on the new student user category because of limited risk, high business value and expected ROI. First phase of the implementation project was dedicated to the analysis of the student on boarding business processes: clerk interviews and reverse engineering application analysis. This enabled us to simplify business process by removing unnecessary and low value steps, identify target application repositories, data structure and quality rules.
The implementation phase consisted in:
- Activation of onelogin test and production instances
- Setup of onelogin administration roles with privileged accounts security policies
- Installation of onelogin agents on premises to enable internal identity repositories management
- Implementation of identities rules and processes using onelogin configuration based tools: role based access management
- Design of audit and reports
Transition and production phase were straightforward: import of the new student data, mail invitation campaign, administrator training.